Hindu Youth Summer Camp 2017
Organized by Sadhu Vaswani Center, NJ
Important Information for Campers
The exciting two weeks of your children's summer camp are just a few weeks away! Please review the following important details carefully.
· Arrival: Sunday, July 23, 2017 at the campsite.
· Campsite: Hudson Valley Resort & Spa, 400 Granite Road, Kerhonkson, NY 12446
· Registration: starts at 4.00 pm. Follow the signs to register at the tables set up in the lobby.
· Getting there: Many out of town families have asked for guidance in getting to the campsite. A taxi or Uber will get you to the campsite. In the past we have used Skyline Cab. Tel: 1 - 917 - 496 - 6366 which is operated by Deepak and Janak Mulani, who are Dada's devotees. They own and operate a car service and we have used their services in the past. If you wish to use them, please contact them directly to make your pickup/travel arrangements. There may be several families traveling and arriving at the same time - we suggest you co-ordinate first amongst yourselves, check with the Mulani family, and maybe they can arrange to do the pick up and have a van bring everyone to the campsite in one, cost effective, trip/ride.
· What to Bring: Please see the attached" What-to-Bring" list. All the items are essential to participate in camp activities. http://www.hinduyouthcamp.org/WhattoBringList.pdf
· Laundry: Laundry facility will not be available at the camp. We encourage you to pack lightweight clothing, so your children do have clean clothes throughout the 2 weeks of camp.
· Luggage: One suitcase per camper; any extra luggage will not fit in the room.
Dress Code: In keeping with the spirit of a Hindu Heritage summer camp, we follow a dress code that represents modesty and traditional values. Therefore, please note the following. No inappropriate logos on clothing. Boys: no revealing baggy pants. Girls: no short skirts, no short shorts (must be knee length); no halter, strapless or spaghetti tops.
· Valuable items: are NOT permitted at camp. Cell phones, laptops, electronic devices, jewelry, money, etc. will be collected from the campers and returned to the parents at the end of the camp. Hindu Youth Summer camp is not responsible for any lost or stolen items or damage to items (even those that are collected). We strongly recommend that campers do not bring such items with them. See the attached "What-to-Bring" list. http://www.hinduyouthcamp.org/WhattoBringList.pdf
· Paperwork: Medical and Release forms as well copy of insurance card/travel insurance and a recent picture of the camper should have been mailed to: Hindu Youth Summer Camp Registration, Attn: Komal Kalvani, Sadhu Vaswani Center, 494 Durie Ave, Closter, NJ 07624
· Medications: Campers needing medication must have the original label on the containers that are placed in a zip lock bag showing the child's name and home phone number. Include a dosing schedule and any other pertinent information. All medication will be collected at the registration table; therefore, please keep it handy. Medicines will be dispensed as scheduled, under medical supervision.
· Counselor in Training /CIT program: The CIT application was emailed to all 15-16 year old campers. A limited number of 15 and 16 year old campers are selected in the CIT program. The CIT program allows campers to take on some camp responsibilities and participate in special activities. CIT campers become preferred candidates for counselors in the future. CIT campers are awarded community service credit.
· Phone /Email contact during Camp: We may not be able to accept phone calls from parents/others to the campers. In case you want to reach us, please e-mail us email@example.com Children tend to feel homesick when their parents contact them too soon and too often. We have made arrangements for your children to contact you. The campers will be given an opportunity to call the parents at meal times by rotation starting Wednesday, July 26, 2017 (by cabin). Please note that we cannot compel the campers to call. Be sure that the campers have your contact numbers on them. Any message or query that a camper brings to us for their parents will be emailed to the parent promptly and vice versa. If there are any concerns about a camper, we will call/email the parent/guardian. If you do not hear from your camper or from us, you may rest assured that your camper is doing well.
Camp Updates: We will be posting pictures and updates periodically on our Blogspot and Facebook page.
· Departure: Saturday, August 5, 2017 starting at 10.30 am. There will be a brief, half hour, Parent presentation by the campers at 10.00 am. We invite all the parents and family members who are picking up campers to attend. It is a great opportunity to see some of the things that your children have learnt during their 2 week stay at camp.
· Sign-Out: Before you leave, please collect any medicines you may have brought to the camp. Please be sure to sign your child out to assure that all children are in safe hands. Please do not leave any personal items, clothing or toiletries behind. Any items left behind will be discarded.
· Registering for HYSC 2018: Camp dates: July 15 to July 28, 2018. Please note, we will once again be accepting deposits and sign up commitments for HYSC 2018, when camp ends this year on August 5, 2017. You can register your child with a fully refundable $ 100.00 deposit payable to Sadhu Vaswani Center. (cancellations will be accepted in writing and full refunds will be made up to 31 December 2017) Once you make a deposit and register your child, we will reserve his/her spot. Reservations will be held till we receive full payment by December 31, 2017. After this date the reservation/spot may be given to a waitlist camper and a refund issued. We do thank you and appreciate your loyalty in signing up your children for camps, as you have done in the past.
We are looking forward to seeing all of the campers and making this camp a memorable experience for them! Do not hesitate to email us with any queries. Do check our Facebook page and blog spot for updates and pictures. http://hinduyouthsummercamp.blogspot.com/
HYSC Committee and Staff
Camp Director: Karishma Vaswani
Jeevan Panjwani and Dirshti Ramchandani
Leena Rijhwani, Ankit Shingala and Neha Mahtani
Chairman: Prakash Tewani: firstname.lastname@example.org
Devi Parvati: email@example.com
Geeta Vaswani: firstname.lastname@example.org
Milan Devjani : email@example.com
Balram Advani: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sangeeta Dadlani: Sangeetadadlani@hotmail.com
Milan and Anoop Devjani: email@example.com